Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today launched the imagePRESS C10000VP Series, addressing the demand for the flexibility of digital output that meets offset print quality and color consistency requirements. Engineered to run a wide range of media types and weights without sacrificing overall productivity, the imagePRESS C10000VP Series supports a monthly duty cycle of up to 1.5 million letter images.
“Customer feedback is an integral part in driving Canon’s strategy, and the demand for taking the imagePRESS line to a next level of quality, with extended media support, and into a higher volume band has been heard,” said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Now with the next generation imagePRESS our customers will be able to deliver a broader range of print products to their customers. Thus creating the strongest digital color production lineup we have ever offered.”
The new imagePRESS Series features robust print speeds of up to 100 letter images per minute with the imagePRESS C10000VP and 80 letter images per minute with the imagePRESS C8000VP, on all supported media weights up to 350 gsm. Delivering vibrant, stable output, high productivity and reliability, the Series is designed for demanding production environments at commercial printers, in-plants, transaction and direct mail service providers alike.
According to Marco Boer, vice-president of digital printing research firm IT Strategies, Inc., “Image quality is a subjective measurement; with that understanding, the output quality of the imagePRESS C10000VP Series is the best image quality I’ve ever seen from a dry-toner color printing system in my 25 plus years in analyzing digital printing technology.”
The imagePRESS C10000VP Series includes a number of features to help enhance output quality:
• Offset-like, vibrant & stable output quality with high resolution of 2400 x 2400 dpi, real-time, automatic color control and adjustments, more accurate calibration using new inline spectrophotometric sensors and unique Gloss Optimization technology to help match gloss levels of the printed image to the substrate it is printed on.
• Outstanding performance and machine uptime thanks to dual fixing technology to maintain high productivity, print speeds up to 100 images per minute on all supported media weights, serviceability improvements and extensive key operator maintenance.
• Wide range of media support from 60 gsm (uncoated) and 70 gsm (coated) up to 350 gsm, delivering high quality output even on textured media and supported specialties including vellum, film and synthetics thanks to the excellent transfer efficiency of the Series’ CV toner; all resulting in an expanded array of products imagePRESS users can produce.
• A versatile in-line finishing portfolio, well known with the imagePRESS color portfolio will comprise Canon and select third party finishers including a new professional creasing module for quality appearance of half folded leaflets and saddle-stitched booklets and in general, a white-paper-in, finished-product-out workflow.
• Streamlined workflow support and integration is powered by a choice of the latest PRISMAsync Color Print Server and Fiery-based imagePRESS Servers with new Fiery FS200 Pro System. All smoothly integrate with Océ PRISMAprepare professional make-ready solution, PRISMAdirect job submission, order and workflow management solution and supported third party workflows.
The Canon imagePRESS C10000VP Series is scheduled to be available in November 2015 through Canon authorized dealers and Canon Solutions America. Not all accessories will be available at the initial launch.