Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging solutions, today introduced new updates to its efficient and easy-to-use front-end scanning software, PaperStream Capture Pro. The new features incorporated into PaperStream Capture Pro broaden its capabilities to further help organizations, ranging from small and midsized businesses (SMBs) to large enterprises, to reduce costs, minimize resources and increase business efficiency within their document scanning processes.
In combination with the Fujitsu high-performance fi Series document imaging scanner line, PaperStream Capture Pro allows organizations to quickly translate paper-based data into valuable business information so they can easily manage, search for and leverage business critical content. Customers can download the PaperStream Capture Pro 2.0 update now, which includes the below feature enhancements:
• Right-Click Ad Hoc Scanning: With a simple right-click of their mouse, users can scan one-off documents, which is a quick and easy way to scan and save a document with file-type and destination options. This means that users don’t have to spend time creating profiles for these one-off scans.
• Detailed Data Collection: For monitoring performance for scan stations, indexing usage, and batch releases, the enhanced data collection functions enable employees and managers to balance workloads, measure performance, and be proactive on scanner maintenance.
• User Interface Enhancements: New all-in-one view shows scanned documents, with the ability to re-scan or perform after-scan correction and indexing, all on one screen. There is no need to toggle back and forth between screens, therefore reducing the number of clicks for single station environments.
• Improved OCR Performance: OCR accuracy using PaperStream Capture Pro’s character masking and field value metadata is greatly improved through user settings access.
• Additional Usability Feature Updates: PDF import behavior, new keyboard shortcuts, hot key assignment, and batch release status.
“PaperStream Capture Pro provides customers with acomprehensive, intelligent and innovative document imaging solution that makes the workflow process easier than ever,” said Jeff DeCarlo, senior vice president of marketing and corporate strategy, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “Of course, we are always looking to ensure our customers continue to have the best document capture experience. So continuing to optimize and introduce new document and data processing features for our PaperStream Capture Pro customers is always a priority.”