The opportunity to enter GPA’s 2015 Print & Design Contest will end in just a few short weeks on October 23. With less than a month left, participants still have time tosubmit their entries for a chance to win prizes and industry recognition. Now in its 10th year, the contest continues GPA’s tradition of honoring excellence and creativity in printing. Each year the competition grows bigger and better, yielding new and innovative examples of the opportunities available with GPA substrates.
For a printed piece to be eligible, it must be from an actual job or promotion that was printed by a GPA customer on a qualified GPA substrate within the past year. There is no entry fee, and participants are encouraged to submit as many entries as they like. To represent their growing product offering, GPA added a new category for wide format substrates this year, which opens up an opportunity for an additional winner to bring home an award to their company.
Entries are accepted under eight different categories:
- Ultra Bak® Plus & Ultra Bak® Classic Pressure Sensitive Papers
- Ultra Film® Non-Adhesive Synthetics
- Ultra Film® Pressure Sensitive Synthetics
- Ultra Digital® Papers 1: Coated & Uncoated Papers, C1S & C2S Boards
- Ultra Digital® Papers 2: Specialty Fine Papers, Pre-Converted Substrates
- Ultra Digital® Pressure Sensitive Papers
- Ultra Digital® Synthetic Substrates
- NEW: GPA Wide Format Substrates
A panel of industry experts will evaluate each entry on uniqueness of design, application use, quality of printing, and complexity of production.
This year’s judges are:
- Bev Burger – President and Owner of Big 5 Marketing
- Deborah Corn – Principal, Chief Blogger, and Intergalactic Ambassador to The Printerverse™ for PrintMediaCentr
- Michael Johnston – President of Top Graphics
From each of the eight categories, the judges will select a Best of Category winner, and then from those eight, one entry is chosen as the Best of Show. Winners receive a framed copy of the winning piece, a monetary prize, and industry recognition. This year’s winners will be announced in January 2016.
To download a copy of the official rules and entry form,visit askgpa.com and click on Events Calendar.