HP Inc. today introduced five HP Indigo digital presses, three HP PageWide Web Presses, and innovative cross-platform enhancements in quality, productivity, versatility and color. Today’s announcement broadens print service providers’ (PSPs) possibilities for high-value commercial applications to help drive business growth.
Representing the most significant HP Indigo Liquid Electrophotography (LEP) technology breakthroughs in 20 years, the new HP Indigo portfolio includes three sheet-fed presses, the HP Indigo 12000, 7900 and 5900 Digital Presses, the oversize B1-format duplex HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press, the HP Indigo WS6800p Digital Press for photo specialty applications as well as an improved HP Indigo 20000 Digital Press, now equipped for commercial applications. The new and enhanced presses build on the proven success of the HP Indigo platforms announced at drupa 2012.
Expanding the High Definition Nozzle Architecture (HDNA) technology-powered HP PageWide Web Press portfolio, the new HP PageWide Web Presses T490 HD, T490M HD and T240 HD provide customers increased print quality and higher productivity than previously possible, leading PSPs to transfer more high-value commercial print applications from offset to inkjet.
“PSPs need industry-leading digital printing technology to make their creative ideas reality and reach new levels of profitability,” said Mike Salfity, general manager and global head, Graphics Solutions Business, HP. “With the new category-defining HP Indigo and PageWide Web Press solutions, PSPs can differentiate themselves with high-quality, one-of-a-kind applications without sacrificing productivity.”
New HP Indigo fleet leverages breakthrough LEP technology innovations
The new HP Indigo portfolio features cross-platform innovations that reinvent general commercial printing (GCP) for PSPs, including:
· A new benchmark in print quality, exceeding offset quality(1) with integrated hardware, supplies and software innovations, including specialized print quality modes, to increase print sharpness and smoothness. New High Definition Laser Array (HDLA) technology doubles print resolution to provide even higher print quality than before.(2)
· Improved color accuracy and consistency, leveraging automated color management tools, such as an inline spectrophotometer, to meet the most stringent standards and turn color management into a competitive advantage.
· Vibrant new application possibilities, enabled by new HP Indigo ElectroInks, an expanded media range, including synthetic, metalized, canvas, black and colored substrates up to 550 micron, and excellent ink adhesion with the on-press HP Indigo ElectroInk Digital Primer. Additionally, HP SmartStream Mosaic 3.0, the next evolution of the revolutionary hyper-customization software offers new color-shuffling capabilities, expanding design options.
· Increased productivity and automation, allowing HP Indigo users to effortlessly process thousands of jobs per day. Customers are able to eliminate up to 50 percent of pre-press work with HP SmartStream Production Pro 6.0 and increase throughput up to 40 percent per shift with the HP Indigo Optimizer, which supports non-stop printing with on-press job sequencing and proofing during production. The enhanced HP SmartStream Production Center simplifies production management, increasing efficiency and reducing costs.
HP Indigo customers can further enhance productivity with over 260 solutions from more than 80 workflow and finishing partners, offering end-to-end solutions tailored for a wide range of unique applications.
Enhanced HP PageWide Web Press Quality and Productivity Push Inkjet Mainstream
Advancing inkjet printing from niche applications to mainstream commercial print, HP PageWide Web Presses are suitable for an increasing range of high-volume, offset-quality print applications, including color trade books, journals, retail catalogs, brochures and marketing collateral.
The 42-inch HP PageWide Web Press T490 HD is the industry’s most productive digital color duplex press,(3) delivering up to 1,000 feet per minute (fpm) in performance mode, a 67 percent speed increase,(4) and 500 fpm in quality mode. Its monochrome variant, the HP PageWide Web Press T490M HD, offers high-volume trade book manufacturers equivalent offset-class digital monochrome productivity. Additionally, the HP PageWide Web Presses T470 HD and T480 HD now offer 500 fpm in quality mode, a 25 percent increase since introduction.
The new 22-inch HP PageWide Web Press T240 HD prints at speeds up to 500 fpm in performance mode, a 25 percent speed increase,(5) and 250 fpm in quality mode. With a monthly duty cycle of up to 60 million pages, the T240 HD is designed for commercial, production mail and book printing providers requiring reliable color performance in a two-up production environment.
HP PageWide Web Press customers have produced more than 150 billion letter-size equivalent pages since 2009.
“As a high-volume book manufacturer, we’re constantly seeking ways to streamline our workflow, improve print quality and turnaround times and anticipate our customers’ needs,” said Pierre-François Catté, chairman, CPI Group. “The HP PageWide Web Press T480 HD enables us to offer Europe’s most discerning book publishing houses even greater digital print quality at faster speeds than previously possible, while reducing waste.”
The new HP Indigo portfolio will begin shipping in the second half of 2016, and new HP Indigo features are expected to be available as optional field upgrades in 2016. New High Definition Laser Array (HDLA) technology for the HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press will be available in 2017. The new HP PageWide Web Presses will be commercially available in 2016. Current duplex color HP PageWide Web Press customers can upgrade to the new technology in 2016.
All of the new HP Indigo digital presses and HP PageWide Web Presses offer HP PrintOS connectivity to improve print production management. HP PrintOS is expected to be available for customers on May 31, 2016.
New Commercial Print Investment Solutions(6)
HP Financial Services has expanded its portfolio of IT investment solutions to help customers gain faster access to new HP Indigo and HP PageWide Web Press technology, providing ramp-up options for reduced payments in the first six months as well as a predictable monthly payment plan for up to 60 months. This degree of enhanced IT investment flexibility can help customers seize business opportunity and drive greater productivity and efficiency.
HP at drupa
HP will demonstrate the new solutions May 31 – June 10 in Hall 17 at drupa 2016 in Düsseldorf, Germany. HP is also showcasing these solutions at Dscoop Tel Aviv and Dscoop San Antonio in April.
This year promises to be the most social drupa yet, with attendees, reporters, industry experts and brands joining in the #drupa2016 conversation. Add your voice to the discussion, and share your analysis of new HP Indigo and PageWide Web Press solutions and their potential for customers by adding the #ReinventPossibilities hashtag.
Visit the HP drupa 2016 online press kit for more information on today’s announcements and to follow HP’s drupa news. More information about the latest HP digital print solutions for general commercial printing is available at www.hp.com/go/graphic-arts. Product videos and updates are available on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Based on HP Internal research conducted at HP Indigo labs.
(2) Will be available for the HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press in 2017.
(3) The HP PageWide Web Press T490 HD offers a monthly duty cycle of 205 million pages in U.S. letter-sized equivalent images, which is more productive than competitive digital color duplex presses according to Internal HP data.
(4) Compared to the HP PageWide Web Press T410 in Performance mode.
(5) Compared to the HP PageWide Web Press T230 in Performance mode.
(6) Financing available through Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company and its subsidiaries (HPFSC) and its or their affiliates in certain countries and is subject to credit approval and execution of standard HPFSC documentation. Rates are based on customer’s credit rating, financing terms, offering types, equipment type and options. Not all customers may qualify for these rates. Not all services are available in all countries. Other restrictions may apply. HPFSC reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time without notice.