The first worldwide Jetcomm conference, held in Washington DC, ended just a few days ago. As the inaugural meeting of the newly formed global community of HP Inkjet Web Press users, the conference proved to be a major milestone in the evolution of inkjet printing.
It was the first time that production printing providers had gathered together in an entirely community-driven inkjet-focused global event. The topics and content covered during the conference were developed by and for HP customers, with an emphasis on education, open discussion and sharing of ideas, both in formal sessions and in the ample networking opportunities. The event, which sold out weeks in advance, was attended by more than 400 production print professionals.
Highlights of the conference sessions included:
- Insights into current and future production inkjet technology innovations – HP executives, technologists and product specialists led in-depth discussions on end-to-end workflow, blended reality solutions, remote service solutions and HP’s recently announced High-Definition Nozzle Architecture technology.
- Macro trends and forecasts for the inkjet market – Conference participants heard industry analysis from IT Strategies’ Marco Boer, presenting an overview of the future of inkjet, its drivers and opportunities.
- A customer panel on best practices for selling VDP and inkjet direct mail and commercial printing campaigns – Participants shared their business development methods and tips.
- Discussion of real-world offset-to-inkjet crossover metrics – HP Inkjet customers discussed how they allocate jobs to their various printing platforms and shared their insights on key factors and expectations for how crossover points will change in the future.
- A customer panel on publishing market challenges, innovations and opportunities – Participants provided real-world insights.
- Preview of trends in inkjet substrates – Substrate suppliers discussed ongoing and upcoming changes in inkjet media solutions.
The conference included a tour of the World Bank Group’s impressive print production facility, enabling participants to see an HP T230 Inkjet Web Press and a variety of Hunkeler finishing solutions in action.
Most of the attendees stayed on to attend the DscoopX conference, which began just as the Jetcomm conference ended. Dscoop is the independent worldwide community of HP Graphic Arts business owners and technical professionals who use HP Indigo, HP Scitex, HP Latex, and HP Inkjet equipment and related solutions. Dscoop offers production inkjet professionals additional business-boosting benefits and resources beyond those of Jetcomm.
“It was an amazing experience to both help educate and learn from some of the industry’s leading production printers who are so passionate about inkjet technology,” said Aurelio Maruggi, vice president and general manager, Inkjet High-speed Production Solutions, HP. “The message that came through loud and clear is that HP Inkjet Web Press customers are often the leaders in their industry, and they are eager to share their knowledge with one another. Their confidence in the opportunities opened by HP inkjet for their businesses is an inspiration.”