Mactac Performance Adhesives Group is expanding its revolutionary CHILL AT all-temperature label product line with the addition of two new product constructions.
Featuring Mactac’s custom-engineered hot-melt adhesive technology, CHILL AT labels are formulated for demanding cold temperature applications, but also deliver superior performance at room temperature.
CHILL AT’s versatile temperature range spans from -65 to +150 degrees Fahrenheit and the adhesive is proven to work exceptionally well on low-surface energy substrates such as low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), polystyrene, polypropylene, paper and corrugate.
The two new product line additions—EDP7812 and AJR7802—are ideal for short-term, indoor labeling needs and, like all CHILL AT products, excel in cold temperatures.
EDP7812 is a premium 50# uncoated EDP product that is bright, white and smudge-proof. It offers outstanding print quality for both impact and continuous feed laser printing and its 50# Super Calendared Kraft (SCK) liner makes it ideal for pin-hole punching, die-cutting, stripping, label dispensing and fan-folded applications.
EDP7812 is most commonly used in shipping, cross docking and bar code labeling, product identification, cold storage labeling and warehouse labeling.
AJR7802 features a bright red fluorescent facestock and is ideal for flexographic and continuous feed laser printing. Its eye-catching color ensures extra attention is drawn to labeled products, making it an optimal solution for fragile, caution and danger labeling, rejected material labeling, do not double stack labeling, discounted or reduced cost merchandise labeling, inspection labeling, hot rush labeling and keep refrigerated labeling.
AJR7802 has a semi-bleached 40# SCK liner that is excellent for die-cutting, stripping and label dispensing. Designed primarily for roll-to-roll applications, the entire product construction of AJR7802 coverts and prints on wider webs and higher speeds than typical rubber-based adhesive-coated papers.
“We are excited to announce the launch of EDP7812 and AJR7802 to our growing CHILL AT all-temperature label line,” says Allie Braham, marketing manager, Mactac Performance Adhesives. “With such a versatile temperature range, CHILL AT products offer customers numerous highly advantageous performance characteristics – especially in harsh environmental conditions—and meet more application needs with less inventory. The addition of the new CHILL AT solutions will help our customers further excel in their businesses.”
In addition to the new product constructions, other CHILL AT products,
• Platinum Xtra Bright Semi-Gloss Coated Litho Sheet (SGL7802) Features exceptional smoothness, whiteness, gloss and opacity; ideal for high quality prime labeling applications for food packaging and cold, damp substrate markets.
• Bright Silver Metallized Paper (SMP7802) Designed for labeling applications that require a deluxe appearance of metalized paper; ideal for food packaging and other cold, damp substrate markets.
• Vivid™ 2 White Polypropylene Film (PJ7802) Semi-conformable and designed for excellent printing, converting and label dispensing; ideal for prime labeling applications and intended for food packaging and other cold, damp substrate markets.
• Vivid™ ICE 2 Clear Polypropylene Film (PF7802) Optically clear and topcoated for premium printability by a wide range of technologies; designed for high clarity semi-rigid and rigid containers, especially for food and beverage labeling.
• Topcoated Direct Thermal Paper (DTW7802) Designed for high speed converting and ideal for barcode and human readable labels in meat packaging, deli weigh scale, bakery label, or short-term shipping applications that require a cold-temperature adhesive as well as environmental resistance to plasticizers, heat and humidity.
• Non-Topcoated Direct Thermal Paper (DTNN7802) Designed for standard speed thermal printers and used for barcode and human readable labels in short-term shipping label applications not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
• Optiscan® 2C Thermal Transfer Paper (TT7802) Premium bright, white and coated thermal transfer paper offering smudge-free printing on thermal transfer and flexographic printers; intended for thermal transfer label applications, including cold, damp substrates.