Memjet announces today that Neopost has incorporated Memjet’s printing technology into its MACH 6 digital color thick media printer for mailing, printing and packaging applications. The MACH 6 ensures a level of quality and speed that toner-based solutions cannot provide and gives print providers the resource they need to produce affordable, short-run, digital color printing while increasing their profitability and productivity.
The MACH 6 represents Neopost’s next evolution in its short-run, digital color printing portfolio. With a new design that includes a seven-inch color touch screen interface, electronic media thickness control and a wider feed throat, the MACH 6 can run materials that were previously not possible with a solution this size.
In addition to traditional applications such as envelopes, stationery, greeting cards and special event invitations, print providers can use the MACH 6 to produce a new range of items, including stuffed envelopes, chipboard, corrugated cardboard and folding cartons up to 3/8” thick.
This range of applications, combined with a high level of print quality, enables print providers to grow the range of direct mail marketing and packaging they produce — all at a low cost of ownership.
“For print providers to be successful in this marketplace, they need to offer customers a variety of services,” says Maureen Brock, vice president of business development at Memjet. “The MACH 6 enables them to deliver on that goal, providing expanded capabilities, quality and economical ownership needed to open up incremental lines of profitable business with new and interesting products.”
The features of the MACH 6 include the following:
● Prints brilliant high-resolution color at 1600 x 1600 dpi
● Operates at speeds up to 8,000 #10 envelopes per hour
● Handles media up to 3/8″ or 10 mm thick and material up to 10.5″ wide x 17″ long
● Maintains print quality through a long-lasting printhead with automated cleaning and capping system
● Includes a stored jobs feature that holds 60+ GB of print jobs that can be called up at any time via the touchscreen user interface
● Offers exceptional total cost of ownership and very low cost per print