Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today introduced the CFL-605RT compact flatbed cutting plotter for markets in the Americas. This model offers the ability to easily facilitate creation and delivery of high quality, cost-effective designs. The CLF-605RT will be on display in the Mimaki booth 4574 at the International Sign Expo, April 9-11, 2015, in Las Vegas.
Mimaki has a history of producing reliable cutting plotters, dating back to the first models launched in 1987. This newest addition is a 20-inch by 24-inch multifunction, compact flatbed cutting plotter. Designed with Mimaki’s renowned technology, it supports on-demand production with multiple functions including reciprocating, tangential and eccentric cutting, plus creasing for immediate finishing of packaging and prototypes.
Rapidly bring ideas into shape
The use of digital on-demand UV inkjet printing has increased the requirement for creating original customized goods in response to an increase in high-mix / low-volume demands in the market. As part of an overall workflow, the CFL-605RT cutting plotter provides a rapid-response solution for production of items such as short-run or custom original goods, samples and package prototyping.
• Reciprocating cutting: for substrates up to 10 mm thick such as foam cushioning materials, sponge or cardboard.
• Tangential cutting: for media up to 2 mm thick such as synthetic leather, coated cardboard, reflective vinyl, rubber and fluted cardboard.
• Eccentric cutting: for media up to 1 mm thick such as coated packaging materials, thin polycarbonate sheets, paper and film.
• Creasing roller: for drawing a ruled line that results in precise folding. The creasing roller can be mounted alongside cutting blade for cutting and creasing without changing tools.
• Vacuum system: for securely holding materials in place. Lightweight, thin or porous materials can be further secured by an overlaid adsorption sheet that enhances vacuum by reducing airflow through the material.
Total solution for package design actualization
The combination of a CFL-605RT cutting plotter, a UJF-6042 UV-LED tabletop flatbed printer and packaging design software such as ArtiosCAD Designer Solution provides the ability to easily and economically produce package prototypes that accurately reflect the designer’s intent. With this system, designers and brand managers can achieve packaging design actualization in shorter timeframes.
With a compact footprint of 52 inches by 41 inches, the CFL-605RT cutting plotter can fit unobtrusively into a design office or studio environment. Integrated casters means it can be moved where needed, and user-adjustable feet ensure stability once placed. A double-insulated vacuum unit operates quietly, on par with standard office equipment.
The Mimaki CFL-605RT flatbed cutting plotter includes FineCut8 plug-in for Illustrator® and CorelDRAW®, and a two-year warranty. It is available for order now in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.