Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI), a global technology company that provides innovative products and solutions to power commerce, today announced the global market availability of its new AcceleJet printing and finishing system. This innovative roll to cut-sheet printing solution provides a simple, cost-effective path to high-quality color inkjet at a cost comparable to many monochrome options. Combined with Pitney Bowes’ customer engagement software, services and mail finishing equipment, AcceleJet is poised to be the centerpiece of an end-to-end White Paper Factory Solution for print and mail service providers who generate 4-million to 10-million transactional or direct-mail printing impressions per month.
“A number of mid-volume mailers with cut-sheet workflows are looking for a cost-effective way to transition to inkjet. Given our familiarity with these clients and our experience with production print in the complex transactional mail segment, we believe this is a space where we can add value,” said Jason Dies, President, Pitney Bowes Document Messaging Technologies. “Some of the world’s largest mailers rely on Pitney Bowes’ IntelliJet printing systems to produce billions of high-impact color bills and statements every year. Our AcceleJet offering leverages everything we have learned from servicing these high-volume mailers and makes it available to a broader market segment, which includes many businesses that already rely on our industry-leading inserting equipment.”
The compact AcceleJet system, 25.3 feet end-to-end, offers one-up roll to dynamic perforation, to cut-sheet output through a high quality, duplex color inkjet print engine that fits within existing cut-sheet workflows.
By combining the latest innovations in customer engagement software, printing and finishing, AcceleJet can be the centerpiece of a White Paper Factory – an end-to-end production mail solution that transforms plain rolls of white paper and envelopes into high-impact, colorful and personalized customer communications. A White Paper Factory eliminates the need for pre-printed forms and envelopes, helping to streamline print and mail processes and lower operational costs while providing a means to add greater value to each mail piece. AcceleJet extends these benefits to mid-volume mailers in cut-sheet environments.
“Increasing cost pressures, privacy issues, regulation, emerging technologies and evolving customer preferences are critical business issues facing print and mail operations. Pitney Bowes is helping our clients address these challenges with end-to-end solutions that fully integrate print and mail processes,” said Dies.
AcceleJet produces full-color, personalized communications with two-to-five-times greater throughput over existing monochrome, spot color, or full color cut sheet toner systems and features a wide range of built-in finishing options that allow more types of jobs to be processed on a single platform. Benefits include:
• Increased productivity by achieving greater speed and quality with dual print modes that let users fine-tune production to help meet even the most demanding color quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs).
• Maximized efficiency with greater throughput, featuring an innovative roll-to-cut sheet output including a high-capacity, dual conveyor stacker for continuous operation.
• Advanced output flexibility through integrated finishing, including dynamic cross perforation, linear perforation, automated job separation, and servo-controlled precision cutting.
• More impactful communications with high quality 1200 dpi perceived resolution
• Improved user experience and uptime, with operator-friendly interactive touch screen interface, easy access for routine maintenance plus industry leading Pitney Bowes Global Client Care support Services
With the addition of AcceleJet, Pitney Bowes offers the industry’s broadest range of inkjet format sizes. Pitney Bowes production printer family includes the AcceleJet, IntelliJet 20, IntelliJet 30, and IntelliJet 42.
Pitney Bowes will demonstrate the new AcceleJet printing and finishing system at Booth 1239 throughout Graph Expo 2015 in Chicago, September 13-16.