Ricoh today announced the launch of the MH5220, a new Industrial Inkjet Print head designed for a wide range of printing applications such as labels, packaging and wide format graphics. The MH5220 will be on display at Drupa 2016 in Dusseldorf, Germany (May 31 – June10), alongside Ricoh’s full range of Industrial printheads. The new MH5220 will be commercially available this summer.
In the Industrial printing market for labels, packaging and wide format graphics, there is an increasing demand to meet a wide variety of customer needs such as smaller lot sizes, shorter delivery times and finer image quality. This requires the rapid digitization of industrial printing in order to deliver greater flexibility and productivity. Ricoh’s new MH5220 print head offers high resolution printing to support its industrial partners and customers to meet these market needs.
Key capabilities of the new RICOH MH5220 print head:
• With 1,280 nozzles configured in 4 x 320 nozzles, this head achieves high-resolution without granular appearance of dots, and is also capable of printing 1,200 dpi resolution with multiple print heads in a staggered configuration.
• Multi-drop capability* allows the creation of a range of drop sizes from 2.5 to 9pl
• Robust stainless steel construction, resulting in excellent durability and extended service life.
• Built-in heater, capable of jetting high-viscosity inks.
• Compatible with UV durable Ink for label printing
＊Multi-drop technology: Drops are ejected in rapid succession, then merge in flight before reaching the media surface.
Note: Results obtained from continuous jetting test using standard Ricoh test ink. Specifications are subject to change due to the manufacturer’s continuous development program.
Ricoh has a long and rich heritage in the world of Inkjet technology dating back over 30 years, which enables it to support a wide variety of inkjet printing systems. Ricoh also support partners in diverse industrial and specialty markets from Wide Format Graphics to 3D printing and from Textile to Digital Enhancements and many more.