Corel today announces CorelCAD 2016, the latest version of its powerful and affordable computer-aided design software. CorelCAD 2016 offers new customizable 2D drafting tools, native .DWG file support, and superior 3D design capabilities – all within an interactive workspace that makes it easier and more efficient for users to achieve their design goals. With the new CorelCAD Mobile for Android, CorelCAD 2016 will give users access to the speed, performance and customization they need with unique applications specifically designed for mobile, Mac and Windows environments.
“For clients in industries ranging from Architecture, Engineering and Construction to Manufacturing, CorelCAD is a proven and cost-effective solution for CAD. And by developing a new app for mobile, we’re giving engineers and designers the freedom to be productive in virtually any environment, whether they’re on the factory floor, in an engineering meeting or at their desk,” said Klaus Vossen, Senior Product Manager for Technical Graphics, Corel. “With new design and annotation capabilities in our Android app and enhanced 2D drafting and 3D design on the desktop, CorelCAD 2016 boosts productivity and helps users achieve their CAD goals, across platforms and on the go.”
Built on the state-of-the-art ARES® CAD platform, CorelCAD 2016 offers intuitive new features and enhancements to take CAD projects to the next level:
• NEW Quick Input: Establish a command interface in projects using the cursor in the drawing area. Commands are brought directly to the cursor as it moves.
• NEW Annotative Scaling: Keep important text readable and separate from drawing and viewpoint scale functions. View legible text at all times, regardless of how small or large design elements become.
• NEW Head-Up Display: Edit all entities in one place by selecting and zooming in to make required changes.
• NEW Layer States Manager: Keep various drawing display states at hand with the ability to save, restore and manage configuration of layer properties and states. Share configurations across multiple projects.
• NEW Dimension Offset Distances: Align dimension lines with consistent distances from surrounding shapes to achieve perfectly aligned technical drawings.
• NEW Multiline BlockAttributes: Edit and format many different types of BlockAttributes with this new pop-up toolbar. Specify the width of text lines, insert attribute fields and revise annotations.
• NEW Drawing Tabs on Windows: CorelCAD 2016 now enables Windows users to instantly open, edit, save, switch between, and close several open and active documents at the same time.
CorelCAD Mobile for Android Coming Soon
In addition to the new features included in the desktop versions of CorelCAD 2016, the application includes free access to a one-year license of the all-new CorelCAD Mobile for Android tablets. Available to CorelCAD 2016 users on the Google Play store in the coming weeks, CorelCAD Mobile offers a powerful app to annotate and design on the go with the speed, performance and customization needed for any CAD project.
Pricing and Availability
CorelCAD 2016 is available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian-Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean. North American pricing is $699 (USD / $875 CAD) for the full version and $199 (USD / $249 CAD) for the upgrade. Education and volume licenses are available, offering flexible hybrid solutions on Windows and Mac operating systems.
CorelCAD Mobile for Android will be available to registered users as a free download from Google Play in the coming weeks.