A B Graphic International (ABG), the leading finishing equipment manufacturer, today announced it will provide Digicon Automation modules to deliver high-speed finishing in both nearline or inline configurations for the new HP Indigo V12 Digital Press.
The new ABG Digicon Series 3 modules are being developed especially for the newly announced HP Indigo V12 Digital Press, which runs at 120 metres per minute. All modules focus on automation, allowing for continuous production, whilst promoting quality and efficiency.
The integrated modules include:
• Auto die-cassette system: can load up to 10 die plates thereby keeping efficiency high due to the automation of the die-loading. Reducing downtime and unnecessary manual intervention, this module also offers automatic pre-positioning of the die-cut, meaning no waste.
• Unique buffer system and 100% print inspection: ABG being the only finishing company to supply their own designed and built camera.
• Nonstop turret rewinding: with over 2000 non-stop turret customers worldwide, ABG’s latest turret technology offers unparalleled performance and incorporates a tension control reputed to be the best in the market.
• Advanced JDF/JMF technology: barcodes between jobs are read with barcode scanners enabling automatic make ready of new jobs with minimal human intervention.
• Non-stop waste handling: Automatic waste matrix extraction and collection with minimal downtime.
See the modules in action at: https://vimeo.com/411040498/9f7b45cf70
“A key to ABG’s leadership in the print finishing market is our ongoing relationship with HP Indigo. With over 1000 installations worldwide, our Digicon series has changed the face of print finishing,” said ABG’s Matt Burton. “With these new modules, every part of our machine is built to increase efficiency, minimise downtime, reduce waste and guarantee superior results.”
The HP Indigo V12 Digital Press for labels is the first HP Indigo based on next-gen LEPx architecture. The press prints as fast as analog, creating new opportunities for label production with HP Indigo’s renowned print quality, ink range and application versatility.
Key benefits of the HP Indigo V12 Digital Press include:
• Prints up to six colors at 120 linear metres per minute (400 f/pm), using six inline imaging engines running simultaneously. Able to produce up to 130,000 linear metres per day with one operator.
• New high definition (HD) imaging: HD Imaging System on press provides 1600 dpi resolution.
• Up to 12-colours on press. The ability to change inks ‘on-the-fly’ and create any combination of colours.
• Print on a wide range of substrates, from 12 micron film to 450 micron (18 pt) board. Supports pressure-sensitive, sleeves, flexible packaging, tubes, IMLs and more.
“ABG is the only print finishing equipment supplier offering this level of automation and sophistication. This innovation is helping our customers reach high levels of productivity for highly versatile job baskets with fast delivery and less waste,” said Yogev Barak, Head of Strategy and Business Management, HP Indigo.