Crawford Technologies, provider of innovative document solutions that streamline, improve and manage customer communications, announces the release of Crawford Technologies’ Digital Transform Engine (DTE) version 4.8. Designed to greatly reduce the effort required to create accessible documents, a significant feature in DTE 4.8 is the ability to provide greater levels of automation when users are setting up accessible documents.
The key product enhancements in Crawford Technologies’ DTE 4.8 include:
• Support for creation of PDF 2.0 output for organizations moving to PDF 2.0
• AutoSense: an addition to PRO Designer for Accessibility for automatically sensing fields in a document when users are setting up rules for creating accessible documents, significantly reducing the time to configure complex documents
• The PDF Normalization module can now add elements to pages without having to interpret the entire pages, providing great speed increases while performing document reengineering tasks such as adding barcodes to documents
• When accessible PDF files are created, a new feature allows the reporting of untagged elements, providing better confidence that documents are WCAG compliant
• Many other enhancements that continue to streamline document conversions and reengineering tasks for our growing customer base
Crawford Technologies’ mission is to provide technology that responds to the evolving business requirements of its customers. The company’s semi-annual release cadence ensures the ability for its customers to quickly and constantly improve automation capabilities. The new product extensions to DTE 4.8 advance the range of capabilities of DTE, the foundation of Crawford Technologies’ portfolio that encompasses the company’s document transformation and reengineering technology, in addition to accessible conversions and other supporting solutions.
“Increased enforcement of accessibility regulations is putting even more pressure on organizations to provide compliant documents to customers. We are excited to introduce the release of DTE 4.8 because it offers features that reduce the costs and increase the speed of delivery for accessible customer communications,” said Ernie Crawford, president and CEO of Crawford Technologies.
To introduce the key upgrades of DTE 4.8 and demonstrate the new AutoSense capability in PRO Designer, Crawford Technologies will be holding a webinar for customers and partners on Wednesday, December 5 at 1:00 p.m. ET.