Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta) is excited to participate in the Print 18 show in Chicago, September 30 – October 2 (Booth# 1611), showcasing its award-winning digital print technologies. This is evident by the technology giant’s announcement at today’s press conference of being a recipient of the PRO award. This is in recognition of its ongoing commitment to excellence in the quality of its digital ink presses. In addition to displaying a broad range of innovative printers, presses, and business solutions, Konica Minolta is pleased to support Books for Kids to help ensure childhood literacy with an engaging donation activity at the exhibit.
Promoting Childhood Literacy
In addition to servicing the printing and publishing industries, Konica Minolta is proud to support children’s literacy in partnership with Books for Kids. For each visitor and registration badge scanned at the booth, Konica Minolta will donate $1 to the organization. An additional $1 will also be donated for each visitor who helps complete the coloring wall. Books for Kids creates libraries, donate books, and implements literacy programs to develop the early foundational skills needed for low income, preschool-aged children to be successful in life. Konica Minolta’s corporate citizenship strategy aims to create social value through supporting the communities of our customers and employees.
Konica Minolta’s PRO Awards Announced Today at Print 18
At this year’s Print show, Konica Minolta is displaying more than a dozen printers, presses and finishers. Of special note, Konica Minolta is proud to have announced at the conference today that it received Keypoint Intelligence’s Buyers Lab (BLI) PRO award for 2019 for the company’s AccurioPress 6136 and AccurioPress C3080 digital presses. The BLI PRO award recognizes the ‘best of the best’ based on real-world field tests during which tens of thousands of pages are printed over a given production year. This award further acknowledges Konica Minolta’s long heritage of responding to customer needs, creating an end-to-end value proposition for the graphic communications and industrial print market.
Konica Minolta’s Leading Edge Digital Print Technologies
Coupled with this announcement, the team will be running a number of demonstrations showcasing Konica Minolta’s product excellence and how it meets customers’ needs.
“At Konica Minolta, we listen to our customers’ needs and assist with a combination of printers, services and solutions to effectively navigate the challenges their businesses face,” said Gavin Smith, vice president and general manager of Industrial Print and Graphic Communications. “We have been looking forward to not only demonstrating the amazing samples these digital printers can produce, but also discussing how Konica Minolta, as a trusted partner in the print industry, will ideally create new business opportunities for our customers and increase their profit margins in the process,” Smith added.
Notably, the product demonstrations at Print 18 include the following technologies:
• IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer – our inline calibration unit that takes color consistency and registration accuracy to the next level. As part of a closed loop system, the IQ-501 analyzes the front and back of each sheet, making automatic adjustments to output on the fly to ensure outstanding color and front-to-back registration from the first print to the last, minimizing waste and maximizing profitability.
• AccurioWide 160 – the first Konica Minolta UV wide-format printer, with its first public showing at Print 18. Using renowned inkjet printhead technology, this product is capable of printing four color process and white ink on a variety of roll, board or sheet substrates up to 1.6 meters wide.
• MGI JV3D 9000L – in partnering with MGI, Konica Minolta offers the best digital decorative print embellishing product on the market. This finisher offers 100 percent digital spot-UV, hot foil, tactile surfaces, and other unique creative options, and handles both sheet-fed and roll-to-roll substrates. This is a must see product that clients are using to increase their profits, in some cases by as much as 80 percent.
• AccurioLabel 190 GM Edition -a cost effective digital solution for commercial printers looking to gain a foothold or expand into the label and packaging market. This toner-based web press, paired in-line with a mini-GM die cutting solution, creates new opportunities for our customers in that growing market.
The AccurioLabel 190 press presence at Print 18 follows Konica Minolta’s recent milestone of the 250th sale of this product. In turn, it marks a 150 percent sales increase over this time last year. This digital press is designed to target small to mid-size label converters by offering affordable entry to digital printing. It has been developed to manage and deliver an increasing number of small to medium print jobs with faster processing times.
• WEBJet 100D – a high-speed, high volume digital press that represents a desired solution for transactional printing, or other high speed roll-to-cut or roll-to-roll output. This affordable press, printing 525 feet per minute, and yielding the highest resolution in its class, is offered with extensive finishing capabilities for targeted, profitable applications.
• AccurioJet KM-1 – this impressive production inkjet press combines the speed and flexibility of offset presses with the digital benefits of variable data printing and zero make-ready. Although the engine is not on the floor this year, our exhibit is showcasing some visually stunning print samples from the KM-1 to all visitors at the booth.
• Other Konica Minolta printers on display feature cut sheet, wirebinding, and booklet-maker functions.
All the above mentioned technologies, as well as others at the tradeshow booth, demonstrate Konica Minolta’s commitment in meeting customer needs via a suite of digital printing, finishing, decorative and embellishing products. All aimed at fulfilling the demand for cost-effective, vibrant, and visually engaging options. Also, business solutions will be presented at Print 18 that can control the entire Production Management process, offering even greater opportunities for cost containment to customers.