Presstek, LLC, leading provider of eco-friendly printing solutions, today announced a new systems approach that will empower commercial and newspaper print service providers to be more capable, profitable and competitive. This is achieved through the collaboration between sister companies, Presstek and Goss International. The companies are teaming up to deliver a powerful combination of Computer-to-Plate imaging systems, eco-friendly plates, presses, service and support specifically targeted for the commercial and newspaper printing markets.
At drupa 2016 in Stand Hall 15 / D59, Presstek is introducing a range of new prepress and plate products that align perfectly with presses offered by Goss International for commercial and newspaper printing applications. This opens up the opportunity for Goss customers and prospects to bundle in CTP systems, eco-friendly plates and service agreements that meet their prepress and pressroom goals.
“Both Presstek and Goss International strive for continuous advancement in our products and in the way we deliver them to our customers”, said Sparsh Bhargava, Presstek CEO. “Goss is a significant leader in the commercial and newspaper business sectors. We are pleased that our new CTP systems and eco-friendly plate offerings fit so well with Goss presses in these markets. These innovative and compatible prepress and press systems supported by world-class service organizations will allow customers to compete at a higher level with faster productivity and increased profitability.”
“Goss’ collaboration with Presstek is yet another demonstration of our commitment to the evolving needs of the web offset industry,” said Graham Trevett, Vice President of Sales, Goss. “Presstek and Goss are both like-minded, forward-thinking companies, focused on delivering the best possible solutions for our customers. Our combined strengths and expertise will create new opportunities for commercial and newspaper printers and help them maintain a competitive edge in this changing market.”
New Thermal and Violet CTP Plates
Presstek, through the acquisition of Anocoil Corporation, has expanded its range of thermal and violet plate offerings.
For commercial printing applications, Presstek is introducing two new thermal plates that can be imaged on industry-standard 830 nm thermal platesetters:
• NytroTM, an eco-friendly, high resolution plate for web and sheetfed presses. No preheat run lengths of up to 200,000 (1 million+ post-baked) can be achieved. These durable plates deliver high quality consistently, while reducing costs and energy usage.
• GemPlateTM, a chemistry-free, develop-on-press plate that offers run lengths to 100,000 impressions. It offers easy handling, fast roll-up, and wide press latitude.
For newspaper printing applications, Presstek is announcing two thermal and two violet plates:
• N200, a highly efficient, high performance, 830 nm-compatible thermal plate for a wide range of press types; including heatset, coldset or UV, sheetfed or web. Run lengths up to 200,000 impressions no preheat, 300,000 with preheat and 1 million+ with post-bake. Maximizes efficiency and pressroom performance with less chemistry, a wide latitude and fast, high resolution imaging.
• GemPlate Newz, a chemistry-free, develop-on-press, 830 nm-compatible thermal plate for a wide range of presses; including sheetfed, heatset or coldset. Run lengths up to 150,000 impressions no preheat. The elimination of chemistry and steps increases productivity, consistency and profitability.
• NuVio Newz is the world’s first no preheat violet plate for newspaper printing. A high resolution, extremely durable plate for a wide range of presses including heatset, coldset or UV, sheetfed or web. Run lengths up to 150,000 no preheat, 1 million+ with optional post-bake. Fast imaging and no preheat streamlines workflow and boosts savings by significantly reducing energy costs.
• HSUV is a high speed ultraviolet plate that offers durability and the highest quality in sheetfed, heatset, or coldset web pressrooms. Positive working without harsh chemicals this plate offers run lengths of over 150,000 no preheat, 1 million+ with optional post-bake.
New Thermal and Violet CTP Systems for Commercial and Newspaper Printing Applications
Presstek is now offering new thermal and violet computer-to-plate imaging systems.
• Presstek Dimension Pro2 Thermal CTP System Series
The new Presstek Dimension Pro2 thermal platesetter series images 830 nm-compatible plates, including Presstek’s chemistry-free, develop-on-press GemPlate. The Dimension Pro2 is available as in 4-, 6-, or 8-page platforms with options for a standard or auto-load configuration.
• Presstek Dimension ProV Violet CTP Systems
Available soon, this family of violet CTP systems are offered in a wide range of resolution/speed combinations with full automation options. Ideally suited for commercial and newspaper printing applications, these systems offer fast, simplified platemaking with lower operating costs.