Epson today introduced its most advanced line of photographic papers – Epson Legacy Papers. Designed in collaboration with many of the world’s greatest artists, these unique papers were developed for those who intend to exhibit and sell their prints, both to art collectors and investors. Working closely with revered European papermakers, galleries and chemical engineers to develop the finest papers available, the Epson Legacy Paper line produces outstanding black density and color fidelity, along with exceptional archival properties required for collectible works of fine art. The full line of papers will be shown in a gallery at Epson’s booth (#707) at PhotoPlus Expo at the Javits Center in New York City from Oct. 22-24.
“Collaborating with a team of the industry’s leading photographers and fine artists, Epson handpicked the finest papermakers to develop and produce this new line of paper,” said Jeffrey Smith, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “Crafted in revered European paper mills, the Legacy Papers bring together all the treasured experience of old world handcraftsmanship with the latest technology, to produce the world’s finest, most beautiful papers.”
The Legacy Paper line introduces four papers that utilize an industry leading microporous inkjet receiver layer to produce deep, rich blacks, expanded color gamut, and smooth tonal gradations with outstanding image permanence. Using old world craftsmanship, along with the latest technological advancements in papermaking, allows for a consistent line of high-end papers printmakers can rely upon.
The First Four Epson Legacy Papers
– Legacy Platine: 100 percent cotton fibre paper with a bright OBA-free, smooth satin finish. With a unique feel of an artistic paper of centuries past, along with an outstanding color gamut, this paper is exceptional for both color and black and white printmaking.
– Legacy Fibre: 100 percent cotton fibre paper with an exceptionally bright OBA-free, smooth matte finish. With an outstanding black density, this paper is ideal for all types of high-end printmaking.
– Legacy Baryta: A baryta paper with a white, smooth satin finish, utilizing two barium sulfate coatings. Inspired by the F64 group, this paper takes the best of revered silver halide technology to new levels of quality.
– Legacy Etching: 100 percent cotton fibre paper with a bright OBA-free, uniquely textured matte finish beloved by artists for centuries. This paper has the feel of traditional etching papers.
Several photographers have already begun taking advantage of the benefits and beauty of Legacy Papers in their work.
“As a photographer, your vision is only as good as the substrate it is printed on, and with the Epson Legacy Baryta, I have found the perfect substrate complement for my images,” said Greg Gorman. “Printing on the Legacy Baryta, I don’t feel like I am sacrificing anything from my vision of what my image should be. Plain and simple – on this new paper, my prints look like jewels.”
“The smooth surface texture of Legacy Fiber has precisely the characteristics that I prefer, complementing both the best white and the best Dmax I’ve ever seen in any fine art paper, thanks to its superior coating,” said Joseph Holmes. “Together with the new, more permanent UltraChrome® HDX ink set of the Epson SureColor® P-Series printers, Legacy Fiber is a mature medium for realizing my photographic legacy and has, in turn, become my preferred option for printing all of my work.”
All four Legacy Papers will be available in the following sizes:
– 8.5” x 11” Cut Sheet
– 13” x 19” Cut Sheet
– 17” x 22” Cut Sheet
– 17” x 50’ Roll
– 24” x 50’ Roll
– 44” x 50’ Roll
– 60” x 50’ Roll (by customer order only)
Rolls will be available in November 2015 and cut sheets will be available in January 2016, through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers.