Advertorial by InSoft Automation
Gutenberg’s bible, produced over 6 centuries ago, is the oldest printed product. In last two decades, book manufacturing has undergone a huge transformation.
Order sizes have shrunk from tens of thousands to a few hundred or even 1 copy with advent of 1-Book Printing for online orders. Broadly it can be categorized in three depending on number of copies.
- High Volume Books: Printed on sheetfed and web offset presses
- On Demand Books: Order copies are in maximum double digit.
- 1-Book Printing: These are typically one or two copies for the books ordered online.
It is obvious that innovations in printing hardware have made printing short runs viable.
- But did imposition and layout preparation software keep pace?
- Are current imposition software solutions capable of calculating and rendering 100x more impositions quickly?
Imp software by InSoft Automation, automates imposition with carefully hand-crafted logics, perfected over a decade. It is one and only cost-based solution for producing 1-to-million copies. Imp software delivers precise layouts every time by accomplishing following tasks with software intelligence: –
- Selection of the suitable signature considering binding method, paper, and page count.
- Assembling the signatures in correct order considering the constraints of binding process.
- Choosing the most optimal sheet size, or reel width considering the printing, folding and bindery constrains.
- Optimizing the repeat length on roll-fed inkjets without human intervention.
- Selects precise print style- sheetwise, Work & turn / Tumble or perfecting.
- Selects the most economical press to print a given job.
All the above steps are interconnected. The software considered these steps simultaneously and generates efficient, accurate layouts consistently. Further this entire process can be unmanned, enhancing your throughput.
It’s about enhancing bottom line of the business with cost-based accurate imposition at planning and estimation stage.
May2022, DPS Magazine