MACtac’s PUREtac CL216 and 710VHP adhesives with film facestocks are being used successfully in high-pressure processing cycles used for the labeling of food and beverage packaging such as meats, cheeses and juices. PUREtac CL216 and 710VHP, both hot melt adhesives, maintain the adhesive integrity and the aesthetic label appeal through the intense processing cycles.
PUREtac CL216 and 710VHP can offer compelling performance capabilities that make them ideal for high-pressure processing. By applying high-pressure processing, bacteria that can cause spoilage and food-borne illness are killed, greatly extending shelf life and preserving nutrition.
HPP is applied when labeled products are in their preparation stages. They are submerged in cold water, approximately 35° F, in a pressure vessel. The pressure inside the vessel is raised to an extreme level, about 75,000 psi, for three to five minutes. The labeled product leaves the pressure vessel dripping wet to move on to a drying cycle. A label adhesive that can withstand high pressure, wash and drying cycles, while maintaining a desired look, is imperative to proper labeling of food and beverage packaging.
“The market demanded an ultra-clear, high-tack permanent adhesive for a variety of substrates and facestocks,” said Kim Hensley, product manager, MACtac Performance Adhesives Group. “Designed for film labeling applications where exceptional clarity and excellent tack are required, MACtac PUREtac CL216 is the ultimate adhesive. Its optically clear, go-on, stay-on performance also benefits security aspects required of packaging and labeling applications.”
The hot melt adhesives PUREtac CL216 and 710VHP offer compelling performance capabilities:
- High tack: quick-grab technology for ease of processing and reliable positioning
- Lasting adhesion: strong-bonding adhesive that will keep label secure on low surface energy materials such as difficult-to-adhere-to surfaces
- Superior clarity: PUREtac CL216 is formulated to be virtually invisible on packaging
- Temperature versatility: works well in both warm and cold temperatures
- Water resistance/water whitening resistance properties: maintaining both adhesive integrity and aesthetic appeal in dampened conditions.
For more information on MACtac’s line of roll label films, or other high-quality products available from MACtac Performance Adhesives Group, call 800-255-9733, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mactac.com/rolllabel.