MGI, makers of the world’s first digital Spot UV & digital embossed foiling solutions, will preview the newest addition to it’s award-winning Inkjet product family, the web-fed JETvarnish 3DW and iFOIL W, at Labelexpo 2015 in Brussels (Booth #: 7B11).
Labels and Flexible Packaging
The JETvarnish 3DW and iFOIL W system is an integrated, roll-to-roll print embellishment solution ideally suited to the label and flexible packaging marketplace. It provides critical customization and “Foil-on-Demand” (FOD) short run capabilities for runs from 1 to 100,000 pieces – as well as Variable Data Foiling (VDF) options for mass personalization every piece produced.
Print Enhancement Improves Brand Management
The new JETvarnish 3DW & iFOIL W system adds valuable shelf impact with colorful, luxurious and eye-catching special effects that improve brand identification and consumer perception. For printers and converters, the new MGI digital system supports the strengthening of customer relationships via rapid prototyping, short run customization and production-strength power.
Substrate Management & Special Effects
The system produces 2D spot UV coating, 3D embossed varnish textures and embossed foil effects all in one pass. The full JETvarnish 3DW & iFOIL W solution also includes a revolutionary flexo priming station for substrate surface management. MGI integrated this unique pre-treatment process inline to optimize the rendered input for digital enhancement effects.
MGI: Market-Driven R&D
Edmond Abergel, MGI CEO, announced “Our new JETvarnish 3DW and iFOIL W products were created in response to strong market demand from flexible packaging and label printers who asked for greater decorative finishing options on roll-to-roll equipment. The variable data and barcode scanning features allow a single brand design to be customized for multiple products, in numerous languages and with a personalized set of information on every label that comes off the production line. This is a print digital enhancement solution for the future of the flexible packaging & label industry.”
The new JETvarnish 3DW and iFOIL W includes
• MGI Inkjet Technology and roll fed Foil
• High capacity winder/un-winder up to 850 mm (33.5 Inches) diameter
• Working width of 100-420 mm (4-17 inches)
• Substrates managed 50-400 microns on labels, cardboard or paper
• Production rate up to 20 m / min (65 ft/min)
• Pre-treatment of substrates (if necessary) with integrated flexo group.
• Digital spot UV varnish in line with flat and / or 3D varnish
• Digital embossing
• Digital hot foiling system in line with VDF
• Variable data without limits (text, graphics and photos)
• Different patented UV varnishes available (2D, 3D and more)