Primera Technology, Inc., a leading manufacturer of digital color printers, has announced its Impressa IP60 Digital Color Photo Printer (“IP60”).
IP60 is a professional-grade color photo printer designed for heavy-duty use. It was designed specifically for use in photo booths and event photography, photo studios, cruise ships, tourist attractions, holiday photos, amusement parks, family entertainment centers, location-based entertainment venues such as zip lines and ATV rides, night clubs and bars, retail photo finishing and more.
The list of advantages of IP60 over traditional digital photo printers that use dyesublimation technology is extensive:
• Fastest Printing – 4 x 6 photos print in just 7 seconds each.
• Low Cost Per Print – 4 x 6 photos, including ink and paper, have an average cost of just $0.12 each.
• Highest Print Resolution – up to 1200 x 4800 dpi. Similar priced dye-sublimation printers print at 300 dpi, while far more expensive models are still just 600 dpi.
• Lightest Weight – the entire printer weighs just 8 lbs. (3.6 kg). Comparable dye-sub printers weigh between 25 to 50 lbs. (11.4 kg to 23 kg).
• Widest Range of Substrates – gloss, luster, linen, repositionable adhesive papers, postcards and more are available.
• Most Versatile – print any length without changing out supplies. This allows operators to maximize their profits by offering larger print sizes. Print 2 x 6, 4 x 6, 6 x 6, 6 x 8, 6 x 12, or any other length up to 24”.
• Easy to Load – gone are the days of messing with unruly ribbons. With IP60, simply remove the all-in-one print head with integrated ink tanks and snap in a new one.
• Dye- or Pigment-Based Inks: IP60 can use either dye or pigment inks. Use dye ink for the most vibrant and brilliant colors in photo booths, amusement and retail applications. Use pigment ink for the most accurate color renditions and to get archival-grade performance in applications such as wedding and portrait photos.
• Built in USA – Primera is one of only a few major printer manufacturers that still build its products in the USA. The company’s headquarters and manufacturing plant are both located in Plymouth, MN, a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul.