Ricoh USA, Inc. today unveiled new activation plans for its 5th Color capabilities, empowering print providers to take an innovative, scalable approach to expand their business offerings. These field upgradeable plans, the first of their kind in the industry, enable printers to adjust to changing market conditions and evolving customer needs with six-month, one-year or permanent activation options. New RICOH Pro C7200X Series customers can choose to activate the 5th Color station at any time, immediately growing their capabilities while keeping capital expenditures, total cost of ownership, and financial barriers to initial investment low.
“Ricoh’s new activation plans allow flexibility based on business needs, and give our customers the chance to add more impact to their customers’ jobs with up to seven available specialty toners,” said Heather Poulin, Vice President, Commercial & Industrial Printing Marketing and Portfolio Management, Ricoh USA, Inc. “Our commitment to helping customers uncover opportunities for growth with innovative, agile business practices that set them up for long-term success and find new ways to engage their customer base was the primary driver for developing these activation plans.”
To simplify complexity for customers and increase flexibility, Ricoh has streamlined its RICOH Pro C7200X series to three models: the RICOH Pro C7200X, RICOH Pro C7210X and RICOH Pro C7210SX. Each comes standard with four-color print at an affordable price point, and customers can then choose to activate 5th Color capabilities based on their own business needs.
- Activating the 5th Color station is as simple as choosing an activation plan, and empowers printers to produce high-value, five-color applications that help them stand out from the competition, including:
- Embellishing high-end jobs using gold and silver toners
- Ensuring brand integrity and expanding color gamut
- Reproducing realistic flesh tones on colored media using white toner
- Enhancing print’s impact using clear toner to make specific details pop
- Creating unique, distinctive security patterns and watermarks with invisible red toner